MuleSoft is an integration platform to help businesses connect data, applications and devices across on-premises and cloud computing environments.
The company’s platform, called Anypoint Platform, includes various tools to develop, manage and test application programming interfaces (APIs), which support these connections.
MuleSoft, in May 2018, was acquired by Salesforce, a software as a service (SaaS) provider. Salesforce now uses MuleSoft technology as part of its Salesforce Integration Cloud.
MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform offers a number of tools and services, including the following:
- API Designer is a web-based, graphical tool that a developer can use to design and document an API, as well as share that design with team members. A developer can also choose to reuse specific components of an API, such as security schema.
- API Manager is an interface through which a developer can manage APIs, as well as secure them via an API gateway. With this component of the Anypoint platform, it’s possible to control user access to APIs, ensure secure connections to back-end data sources and create policies around API calls and throttling.
- Anypoint Studio is a graphical, Java-based design environment that a developer can use to deploy APIs to on-premises and cloud environments. Studio also includes features to map, build, edit and debug data integrations.
- Anypoint Connectors are a set of built-in connectors that a developer can use to integrate applications with thousands of third-party REST and SOAP.
- Anypoint Analytics is an analytics tool to track API metrics, such as performance and usage. A developer can use this tool to create custom charts and dashboards to visualize API performance, as well as identify the root cause of any performance issues.
- Anypoint Runtime Manager is a central console from which a developer can provision and monitor all resources deployed on the Anypoint Platform across hybrid cloud architectures.
- Anypoint Exchange is a central hub that a development team can use to store and access APIs, templates, connectors, documentation and other resources.
- Anypoint Monitoring is a dashboard that helps a development team monitor application health.
- Anypoint Visualizer is a graphical tool to map APIs and their dependencies in real time.
- CloudHub is a multi-tenant integration platform as a service ( iPaaS ) offering. CloudHub is offered as a managed service, which means a development team does not need to install or operate any hardware or software to use it.